Thursday, October 14, 2010

Rest in Peace, Dear Grandmother

We got the call that you had passed,
Our hearts to suddenly sink.
Our mother’s cry pierced the morning sky
Her sadness was so deep.
It was all a blur, to see you there
Not a breath, no, not even a stir.

I remember your wonderful smile
That could light up any day.
You were full of fun, and always happy,
You always were aglow.
Your cheeks were pink like little roses,
Your teeth as white as snow.

Time has passed, yes, seven years.
Yet, this year is the worst.
For I am now full-grown,
And fully understand who it was that passed.
I miss you, dear Grandmother,
But I know that you had to go.
To live without his love would have been agony,
That much, now I know.
To have you both here would be like heaven,
But I’ll hold the memories dear and keep them alive.
For in them is your happy life
Which is a treasure to us all.
I’ll never forget you, dear Grandma.
I’ll treasure you forever,
And the time spent with you.
I love you.

Rest in Peace, Grandma Margaret O’Harra
3/5/2003

By: Candace Nicole
(All rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment