Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Dream

I dreamt of stars above my eyes as I fell to sleep.
Their calmness and serenity were unmatched,
Floating on that darkened sea.
As they glowed with grace and gleamed with beauty,
They could relax anyone’s mind.
I felt at peace with the world, with the dark night,
The cool breeze, and the sounds of the birds.
Never before had it felt so right, so restful, so perfect,
As the night of which I speak.
There was not a cry to be heard,
Only the gentle voices of nature and its families.
The gentle wind blew softly, wrapping its arms about this peaceful sleeper,
And the stars sang a song that pierced the night sky with beauty and grace.
The moonlight gently fell on the sleeper’s face as she slumbered, and soon she would awake.
For dawn was to come, and then she would see the glories of nature,
And the sunset that inward she would take.

Candace Alphin
(All rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment