Monday, October 11, 2010

It's a PhotoFusion Revolution, baby!

Well, yesterday I had the amazing opportunity of attending the PhotoFusion Revolution Tour 2010 with Clay Blackmore and Ross Hockrow. And it was, well, amazing! I learned so much. They discussed portraiture, posing (they brought up a couple for an example of posing a bride and groom for portraits), wedding photography, HDSLR cinema, shooting with flash, lighting techniques (they brought up a lady to show how to do basic posing and the lighting techniques for the different poses), making people happy with your product, and so much more. There were maybe 50-60 people there; I went alone. Mom dropped me off for the seminar and went shopping (Fun!). I came home with a catalog from Canon and Midwest Photo Exchange (Woo!). I was rather nervous at first when I got there, but I started to feel better. I'm going to say that I'm 99.99999...% sure that I was the youngest person there. But, hey, I had fun. I got to act like an adult! :P

They showed beautiful pictures of weddings, babies, Bar and Bat Mitzvah's, businessmen and woman, familes, singers, athletes, and so much more. I took almost 5 full pages of notes! We were there for 4.5 hours, but it was fun. I enjoyed hearing what they had to say and seeing them perform their techniques.

Half of the seminar was about portraiture,  but the 2nd half was about HDSLR cinema. That is, making professional videos with a DSLR camera (Fusion!). Pretty amazing, huh? They spoke on the different types of storytelling, the different types of videoing, different gear that can be used and the techniques that they are used for. They showed quite a few wedding videos, and they were all so beautiful.

We had a 2 hour drive to and from the seminar (it was in Akron, Ohio), so on the way back Mom and I sang songs and talked so that we could stay awake until we got home. We arrived around 21.30 (9:30 pm), but the drive was worth the experience.

Analysis of the day: I really enjoyed myself. It felt so amazing to sit with people, who love photography like I do and who make this their life's work, and listen to other people who also loved their profession and wanted us to feel the affection that they felt for photography. It was inspiring.

If you're a photographer, and if this seminar is going to be near your location, I definitely recommend this seminar. They have some great teachers there and you'll definitely have an amazing time.


Note: The orange words are hyperlinks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment